Saturday, July 9, 2011

Progress Report

Back in December of 1999 I was driving I-70 from Las Vegas to Denver and saw a very bright Orion rising over the eastern horizon. It filled my windshield for a few minutes, and I waited for a lull in the traffic and doused my headlights. This portion of "Road Trip" needs no explanation:


This image (taken with my six-zillion megapixel organic-ocular imaging system: my eyes) is what I saw. I started this drawing a few months later and it still is unfinished.

But wait, there's more! Now that I am writing a new sci-fi novel, working title "The Belt Loop" I think it is time to finish this drawing. The book will take place in the Orion "belt" (between the two outer stars of the belt -- the middle one is a huge blue giant some 500+ light years further out than the other two) and it is about 10,000 words deep so far. Pure space opera with social implications and a lot of action.

Look for it this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment