Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Book Three coming soon

Okay, here's the deal. The Belt Loop (Book Three) is well enough along that I can speculate on a release date: Sometime in the first week of December. Call Miss Cleo and confirm my psychic prediction. Since I can control the horizontal, the vertical, the focus, the sound of this story, the release date just serves to push me to write more each day instead of sitting here reading. I like reading almost as much as writing and sometimes that hurts my production.


History Repeats Itself © 1991 R. Jones
--------
Just as in the drawing above, there is a lot of strange stuff going on in the universe and this picture is my feeble attempt to show it. Completed during Easter Week in 1990 and subsequently published the next year, this is one of my favorite images. I was sitting on top of Conifer Mountain in Colorado when I drew this and, at a height of 10,000 feet was probably suffering from oxygen deprivation of some sort.

A lot of my writing is derived from snippets of story ideas I have dreamed up over the years; stories about the future, about space, about time. Science fiction is a wonderful place to lose oneself in any and all three of the aforementioned dimensions. In Book Three I make mention of Colonial Navy ships lost to the void, ships that approached folded space at speeds pushing the limits of causal uncertainty, destined to reappear where- and when-ever, but certainly not in the place they set out to travel to. Who knows, maybe they wound up in this drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment