Saturday, October 1, 2011

New Month

Greetings to all. Well, October is upon me and I have two things staring me in the face. The first: my birthday is this month and I'm not so much enthralled by the two very crooked numbers looking at me. Oh well, it could be worse. There is only one remedy to stop the aging process and I'm not quite ready for that cryogenic tank yet, too much dang work to do. Secondly, I have to put The Belt Loop (Book Two) to bed. The book finished at almost 97,000 words and all of the editing has been done. I only have to go back and check a few continuity facts from Book One to make sure that my facts in Book Two agree with those previouly published.

Finishing a novel is a major undertaking for me. It starts with an idea, is nurtured through its growing pains, it reaches a pleasant old age and then it gets published. Not many other endeavors have given me the same feeling of accomplishment.


The Great Ashtray Nebula © 1991 R. Jones
------
It's hard for me to believe that this drawing of mine is now 20 years old. Boy, time really flies when you're having fun.

Look for The Belt Loop (Book Two): Revenge of the Varson to be available on October 5, 2011. Continuing with the saga starring Captain Haad, Commander Yorn and the rest of the crew of the Corpus Christi, find out what happens to them as they limp back into port and run smack into a Varson uprising.

When Book Two goes live I will post the appropriate link here.

Robert.

No comments:

Post a Comment